Friday, October 31, 2008

Photo Source

Happy Halloween!

I love this holiday. Traffic was light this morning, I started eating candy corn at 10 a.m., and my work day has consisted of printing numbers for my Deal or No Deal costume and taking an extra long lunch break to check out the dressed up college kids in Harvard Square. Bonus of working in a family friendly office is that the kid's Halloween sugar high totally rubs off on the parents. The NOT fun part of the day was me sleep walking through Central Square freezing at 9 a.m. when a freakshow Scream costume jumped onto sidewalk. Boo hoo.

It wouldn't be Halloween without the cliche slutty costumes too. I can't hate though, we've all been there. KISS 108's Matty in the Morning had a hilarious discussion about Halloween promiscuity this morning. Salem Mayor Kim Driscoll came by to speak about the city's Halloween festivities and increased police presence. She noted one of the main problems of the partying to be the lack of underwear on girls. I guess it's good that the Mayor is addressing the problem but really? I would NOT forget that part of my costume ever, no matter how many Keystone's or SoCo shots I had in my dorm.

One Salem resident called in to note the joy she gets from watching all the girls strut around in their skimpy costumes at 7 p.m. and then seeing them at 11 puking their brains out in the gutter while their bumblebee friend in some lame costume holds their hair back. I guess that as I reminisce back on college Halloweens I had my day-I pulled out the minuscule "gangster" (a.k.a. pin striped lingerie) costume I wore freshman year which you couldn't pay me to wear now.

Wednesday's Lipstick Jungle had a insightful comment on the holiday too:


Kirby: I love Halloween.

Nico: Oh come on it's just an excuse for woman to dress up like sluts and for men to wear makeup without their masculinity questioned.

Kirby: ...and there goes my Jack Sparrow costume.


You hit it on the nose, Nico.

But I guess Halloween is all about being someone your not, so put on your skimpiest costume while you still fit into it and rot your teeth out. Meet you in the gutter around 11 :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wondеrful work! This is the type of informatіon that
should be ѕhared across the intеrnet. Shame on the seаrch
engines for no lοnger positioning this submit higher!
Cоme on oѵer anԁ disсuss with my ωebsite .
Thank уou =)

my blog poѕt lloyd irvin