Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Blogette Confession

Photo Source

Tonight at 10 p.m. men and women will tune into the superbowl of supermodels, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

I'll begin my fashion show preview with a confession of my credibility that I reveal to few. I had a very short lived stint as a Victoria's Secret employee.

My intention was to work only over my holiday break from college, and I didn't even last until then. What seemed like a glamorous and easy side job filled with discounts and perks ("Maybe Miranda Kerr will stop by the South Shore Plaza?") turned into a retail nightmare.

After the hours of tutorial videos on bra fitting (my biggest fear) and corporate policy (stricter than Clark Rockefeller's prison guards), I realized that acquiring the wardrobe of Heidi Klum was not in my future. To say that management's panties were in a knot would have been an understatement. I got out of there before they made me strap on a headset ("36C Miracle Bra in route to fitting room 7, over and out Tiffany") and my discount though small sadly went unused.

Victoria's Secret was my first and last job in retail and I can now appreciate the show as a true fashion outsider. The show is a holiday classic for young women and their drooling boyfriends alike. Whether your in the market for a 3900 diamond, 1500 carat Black Diamond Fantasy Miracle Bra (a mere $5 mill.), need inspiration to keep slim during the holidays, or simply are building your holiday wish list it's a must see.

In case this year's theme of glamorous goddesses encourages you to shop, today's the last day of Vickie's extended Cyber Monday Sale, 20% off your entire purchase. For a backstage look at the show's fittings, sets and after parties, CBS.com has a very visual sneak peek section.

I'm also going to note today that I promise that I plan to expand my topics in the next few posts...I think I have been blogging a little bit too much about my unhealthy TV habits. The realization came to me this morning when my boyfriend sent me the CNN story "Are you afflicting with 'TiVo' guilt" and said that it reminded him of me. But this Hiedi Klum picture was simply too fierce to resist. Even my bf can agree with that.

0 comments: